Thursday, December 06, 2007

california drivers suck.


okay, here's the thing. i KNOW i bitch non-stop about how shitty the drivers are in this sunny state. but seriously. i bought a new car about six weeks ago.

and it has been hit THREE times. THREE. WHILE PARKED.

i was picking lydia up in the mission about three weeks ago, and she went to get in the passenger side and the door only opened halfway. turns out some asshole hit me in my school parking lot and didn't leave a note. and i don't have collision insurance, because i'm a poor bastard and can't afford it.

someone swiped the front bumper a week later, scraping paint off.

and last night, i leave marisa's house at eleven-thirty or so and go to open my driver's side door and it snaps back shut! because someone hit me in the SAME spot that the passenger side was hit, and now BOTH doors barely open. at least this time i got a note. actually, i got TWO notes. one from someone saying they watched someone hit my car and speed away and left me their license plate. (i can only assume this sweet, wonderful soul has been hit and no one left THEM a note, and they feel my pain. and they live in CA, so the chances are pretty high i'm right)

the person who hit me ALSO returned and left a note. either they felt guilty or just realized someone might have seen them, but all i can say is, debby better have insurance.

on the plus side, lindsey comes tomorrow! yay! i'm so excited!

2 Comments:

Blogger JP said...

Jersey's a mess with respect to driving as well; for one, the turn signal seems to be an after thought. There must also be a code with the brights that I haven't learned and, of course, NYC is legendary but the madness begins long before on the roads leading in.

Best of luck, hope you can keep them honest.

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

California drivers are ridiculous. I'm originally from NJ (by way of NYC) and if I could use one word to define each coast's driving culture, NJ/NY=reckless and CA=oblivious. This is year two in the Bay Area and im sad to say that I clap when I see people on the freeway actually signal. 4way stop intersections here boggle minds in a millisecond. Flashing brights to let someone go has a medusa stare effect (regardless if their deer-in-headlights reaction causes a 10 car pile-up). Lastly, it's almost a monumental occassion to see someone here actually park within the lines. What gives?

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home